Thursday, January 26, 2012

Saving Creativity

One concept I noticed that I really liked from chapter two was the idea of saving your creative thoughts. I have the most random memory; sometimes I can remember the smallest detail and other times I forget important things. Documenting my creative ideas or things that inspire me so that I can return to them later is brilliant. Recently I gathered creative ideas for engagement pictures because my friend asked me to take some of him and his fiance. I found some ideas that I really liked:

These photos, along with others gave me some good ideas. I was able to get several good shots of Drew and Hannah that I probably wouldn't have gotten if I hadn't looked for inspiration. Here are some of the shots I came up with:





Bold


Realizing how helpful it will be to continue to keep record of creative thoughts and inspirations will be very helpful in the long run. I've even just ordered a Smash Book which is basically a junk drawer type scrapbook where you just jam ideas and thoughts. I have been doing a lot of logo designing and I think it will also be helpful to keep track of logos I really like. Ever since I started designing logos, everywhere I go logos pop out at me. Things I've probably never noticed before. Often I see techniques that I really like, but I forget soon after. Writing them down or taking a quick picture so I remember would really help me when I'm having designer's block.

No comments:

Post a Comment